The Sparx Cornet Mouthpiece is a joint effort by Ted Sparks and Gary Radtke of GR Technologies.
The Sparx cornet mouthpiece was designed primarily for Brass band cornet playing. It had to meet a varied list of requirements:
- Better intonation than any cornet mouthpiece on the market today
- Plays evenly from high to low
- Strong rich true cornet sound
- Comfortable enough for long hours of taxing brass band playing
- The Sparx Mouthpiece cup is computer-balanced with the GR Mouthpiece Design Program.
- Each mouthpiece is acoustically and mathematically balanced to achieve a full rich solid core of sound.
- Throat diameters and lengths are blended with mathematically calculated backbore lengths and shapes for evenness of blow and intonation.
- The rim of this mouthpiece is slightly wider and flatter then many other mouthpieces.
- This design allows for maximum flexibility without a loss of endurance.
- The player can maintain a secure grip and play for hours with greater comfort.
"I recently played a Sparx cornet mouthpiece...tried it in the afternoon and played it the same evening for a major concert. It inspires confidence, has great intonation and delivers with tremendous reliability.
This is an excellent mouthpiece produced by a master craftsman!"
World renowned soloist.